Friday, April 6, 2012

Just Found, part two...

Well, I'm doing a bit of cleaning, and I found an old Tootsie Roll container.  If you remember, the company that made Tootsie Rolls (oddly named Tootsie roll Industries) had a package that, when emptied, could be used as a bank.  Well, the one that I kept had some items in it.  So, what did I put in there?

1 bicentennial US quarter
1 1979 Canadian dime
1 US penny (not sure of the year, but it is a wheat penny)
5 Canadian pennies (1941, 1986, and the others are hard to read)
1 1967 Canadian bird penny
3 game tokens (two from an old Aladdin's Castle franchise)
a 1976 2 dollar bill (still very crisp)
7 50-cent coins (1971x2, 1972x2, 1974, 1985, 1988)

I had found a second 2 dollar bill (1995) which I will be putting with this set of coins.  I will most likely put my other set of coins together with this one.  And looking at these coins brings back some memories.  Playing games at the old Aladdin's Castle arcade.  Being with my friends.  Spending time with my grandparents (my mom's parents who gave me the 2 dollar bills as part of my Christmas presents).

Well, time to get back to cleaning my home.  I'm in the process of buying a washer/dryer, and I need to have the place ready to bring in the new units.

No comments:

Post a Comment